IOP is offered Monday through Friday from 12:30 P.M. to 4:30 P.M. IOP offers more therapy and psychiatric care than is available in a typical outpatient setting but involves less contact than PHP. This program is designed to help patients stabilize their symptoms and quickly return to school and their community. As with PHP, all patients receive individual treatment and comprehensive discharge planning.
Compass Intensive Outpatient Program:
- Focused treatment for a minimum of 3 hours per day
- Available two to five times per week
- For patients who need more structure and psychiatric assistance than is provided in the traditional outpatient setting.
Benefits of IOP
- Minimal family and home-life disruption
- Ability to receive intensive, therapeutic services while maintaining schedules and routines
- Opportunities to establish community-based supports
- Ability to practice newly acquired skills within their environment
- Greater patient responsibility