PHP is offered Monday through Friday from 8:15 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. The number of days required per individual is based on medical necessity and dependent upon the clinical needs and capacities of the individual.
The goal of the program is to enhance a patient’s coping abilities and recognize their therapeutic needs as well as focus on how to address these needs in a progressive manner. The goal of the program for patients with a dual diagnosis is to achieve long-term abstinence and recovery. The program consists of classroom scholastic time, supportive group therapy, recreational therapy, process groups, and psycho-education. Each patient’s treatment will include: psychiatric and medical evaluations,comprehensive assessment and treatment planning, individual/family/group psychotherapy, and medication management if needed.
Compass Partial Hospitalization Program:
- Intensive treatment for a minimum of 4.5 hours per day
- Minimum of four clinical program hours
- Available up to five times per week
- For patients who need significant assistance with medication, structure, and symptom management
- Average length of stay is two weeks
- Weekly visit with a doctor to assess need for medication management
Benefits of PHP
- Minimal family and home-life disruption
- Transition period of an inpatient stay to offer reintegration back into the home environment and daily routines
- Ability to practice newly acquired skills within their environment